Teacher Training Courses
- Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching & Learning in Schools - Maidstone
- Level 3 in Mentoring - Maidstone
- Level 3 Award in Assessing Competence in the Work Environment (Work Based Practical Unit) - Maidstone
- Level 3 Award in Assessing Vocationally Related Achievement (Vocational Unit) - Maidstone
- Level 3 Award in Understanding the Principles and Practices of Assessment (Theory Unit) - Maidstone
- Level 3 Diploma in Supporting Teaching & Learning in Schools - Maidstone
- Level 4 Award in Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes & Practice (Practical Unit) - Maidstone
- Level 4 Award in Understanding Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes & Practice (Theory Unit) - Maidstone
- ILM Level 3 Award in Leadership & Management - Maidstone
- ILM Level 5 Certificate in Leadership & Management - Maidstone
- ILM Level 7 Award in Leadership & Management - Maidstone
If you have the ambition to teach or work in education, we have the perfect teaching courses to help you succeed.
From working with children and young people, to working with adults, and teaching in the further education and post-compulsory education and training sectors, MidKent College has the ideal course for you. Courses are suitable for experienced professionals who are already working within the various education sectors, as well as those who are just embarking upon their career.
All of these courses are part-time and delivered from our Medway Campus and at our University Centre Maidstone, our centre for higher-level skills, at the Maidstone Campus in Kent. Some are offered in partnership with Canterbury Christ Church University.
What will I learn?
You'll learn specific topics such as planning and assessment, behaviour management and curriculum studies. Through our various courses you will gain the expert knowledge, skills, and experience needed to pursue a career in teaching and education. Foundation degrees combine academic study with on-the-job learning. A foundation degree is equivalent to the first two years of an honours degree - It is a qualification in its own right but you could do a third year at university to study for the honours degree.
Why choose a MidKent College Teacher Training & Education course?
Our qualifications are suitable for experienced professionals who are already working within the various education sectors, as well as those who are just embarking upon their career. You can choose a certificate, diploma or a foundation degree. All are offered part-time so you can combine academic study with a job.
How much do secondary education teachers get paid?
Secondary education teaching professionals in the Medway and Maidstone areas can expect to earn on average £22.54 per hour.*
What facilities and trips are available?
Workshops, placements and conferences are an important part of these courses. Peer observations are regularly arranged within the group, giving you the chance to put your skills into practice! Speakers visit your class to share tips and ideas about how to get the best out of teaching and the classes you'll one day be working with.
What have your past students gone on to do?
Many students progress onto university to further their studies or seek promotion within their current role.
What can I do afterwards?
There are a range of employment options available to you from tutor to assessor or teacher. You could also become a behavioural specialist, SEN coordinator or verifier.
By phone: 01634 402020
By email: Contact us online
*Data taken from EMSI April 2018