Adult 'Courses for Jobs' Programmes at MidKent College
- Level 2 in Caring for Children and Young People - Direct Offsite
- Level 2 in Creating a Business Start-Up - Direct Offsite
- Level 2 in LGBT Inclusion in the Workplace - Direct Offsite
- Level 2 in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care - Direct Offsite
- Level 2 in Principles of Dementia Care - Direct Offsite
- Level 2 in Understanding Adverse Childhood Experiences - Direct Offsite
- Level 2 in Understanding Cancer Support - Direct Offsite
- Level 2 in Understanding Personal Care Needs - Direct Offsite
- Level 3 in Counselling Skills - Direct Offsite
- Level 3 in Principles of Dementia Care - Direct Offsite
- Level 3 in Principles of End of Life Care - Direct Offsite
- Level 3 in Understanding Autism - Direct Offsite
- Level 3 in Understanding Care & Management of Diabetes - Direct Offsite
- Level 3 in Understanding Mental Health - Direct Offsite
- Level 3 Diploma in Supporting Teaching & Learning in Schools - Maidstone
- Dip Computerised Accounting for Business (LC) L3 - Direct Offsite
- Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Accounting (AAT) - Medway
- Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Accounting (AAT) - Maidstone
- Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting (AAT) - Medway
- Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting (AAT) - Maidstone
If you're over 19 and looking to gain new skills or a qualification to help you gain employment, change career, or secure a promotion, then our 'Courses for Jobs' programmes could be perfect for you!
One of the advantages for adults looking to train with a local College is that we're often able to access Government funding to pay for, or subsidise training costs (subject to eligibility).
These courses include:
Free online courses. These are short courses that you'll complete without having to come to College, and where you'll demonstrate your knowledge by completing short assessments through our online learning portal. These courses are ideal if you want to fit your studies around other commitments at home or work, and are great for developing your confidence and skills.
Full level 3 programmes. For students aged over 24 without a full level 3 qualification (e.g. A Levels or an Advanced Technical Diploma), we're able to offer some courses under the Llifetime Skills Guarantee. The courses we can offer under this scheme are determined by identified skills needs in our local area, and it's a great way to boost your skills and employment prospects without having to take out a loan or pay for training.
Employability courses. We work with local partners to run courses at our campuses and in local community venues to help people build the skills and confidence they need to gain and keep employment. These courses are wide-ranging and may include topics such as managing a job search, completing applications, writing a CV and preparing for interview.
Health and Safety tickets for the construction sector. From time-to-time we're able to offer funded programmes to help adults gain CSCS cards required by many building contractors to work on site.