Why our Access to Higher Education Nursing course could be the right path for you
Are you looking to upskill or just simply re-train in nursing? If you’ve had a break from education and you’re looking to return to study or didn’t take A-Levels and now want to go to university, our Access course to Nursing is a perfect place to start.
Access courses are for students aged 19 or over, and there is no upper age limit. Typically, you will attend College for up to 16 hours per week.
Our Nursing & Healthcare course will allow you to improve your knowledge of Biology, Psychology, Professional Practice, and Medical Calculations. You’ll also have support to apply through the UCAS application system, as well as take your GCSE English and maths (if required).
Previous Nursing & Healthcare students have progressed into a range of specialisms and universities including the University of Hertfordshire to specialise in Mental Health Nursing, Canterbury Christ Church University to study midwifery, and another to complete a Paramedic Sciences degree.
Why should you consider nursing?*
Some key facts for you to consider...
- The average salary for a UK nurse is between £33,000 and £35,000
- There are 669,854 registered nurses in the UK
- 94% of nursing graduates find a job within six months of finishing their degree
- Over 10,000 people aged 35 or over applied to study nursing for the first time this year - an increase of 39% on 2020
- According to statistics from UCAS, applications for nursing courses have risen by almost a third
- The NHS employs more than 1.3 million staff, making it the largest employer in Europe and the 11th biggest employer in the world.
- There are forecast to be an extra 3.2 million health jobs created between 2021 and the end of the decade.
What’s the next step?
So if you’re looking to apply for our Access to Nursing course, you can find out more information here.
Nursing not right for you? Check out our other Access courses here.
*Data taken from www.nurses.co.uk August 2021