Financial support 16-18
What financial support is available to me?
What is the Discretionary Bursary and how can it help me?
The Discretionary Bursary is a fund to help students aged 16-18 on a low income with their actual costs of participating.
The Discretionary Bursary may be able to help with travel, essential kit, uniform, UK trips (maximum value of £100 per student each academic year) and books for your programme.
If your household income is below £28,000 you can apply for financial support in the form of a Discretionary Bursary. Find out more about the Bursary here.
Click the links below to find out more about financial support:
Not eligible for financial help?
Find out more about:
- Arriva's direct debit scheme
- KCC 16+ Bus Travel
- 16-17 Train Saver Card (50% off rail fares)
- 16-25 Railcard (save a third off rail fares)
What is the Vulnerable Bursary and how can it help me?
The Vulnerable Bursary is a fund made available by the Government (administered by the College) to help students within the groups listed below to manage the costs of participating.
The Vulnerable Bursary may be able to help with travel, food, essential kit, uniform, trips and books for your course. For more information on the Vulnerable Bursary click here.
Students from the following groups may be eligible for a Vulnerable Bursary:
- Young people in care
- Care leavers (those who are engaged with the Local Authority ‘Leaving Care’ team)
- Young people in receipt of Income Support (IS) or Universal Credit (UC) in their own right, with their own tenancy agreement
- Young people in receipt of Employment Support Allowance (ESA) or Universal Credit (UC) and who are also in receipt of Disability Living Allowance (DLA) or Personal Independence Payments (PIP) who have ther own tenancy agreement
Contact a student financial support adviser
- By email
- By phone - 01634 383300
The Vulnerable Bursary and the Discretionary Bursary are both subject to attendance monitoring whilst on the programme.