Other Important Information
Students on this programme will require the following equipment:
- Adjustable set square
- Scale rule (Scales 1:1-10-2-20-5-50-100-200-500-1000-250-2500)
- Mechanical pencils (0.3, 0.5, 0.7) + spare leads
- Plastic - vinyl eraser
- Technical compasses
- Eraser shield
- Steel toe cap boots
- MidKent College Engineering polo shirt
- ID badge and lanyard - to be worn at all times
- Scientific calculator (Casio fx range)
This programme is designed as a two year full-time programme that meets the requirements for entry into university-level study in construction before entering employment.
Students can also progress directly directly into employment in the built enrvironment or to a higher apprenticeship.
Ongoing career development is also available through a range of professional institutes including:
- Institution of Civil Engineers
- Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
- Chartered Institute of Building
- Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers
- Royal Institute of British Architects
You will need to achieve 5 GCSEs at grade 4 or above, including an essential requirement to achieve Grade 4 in maths and English.