Equality & diversity
At MidKent College we're committed to becoming an even more welcoming, inclusive and diverse organisation.
We want our students, staff and local community to feel valued and included, and that they can reach their potential no matter what their background. We welcome our students and staff, current and prospective, for who they are and the talents they bring to our college.
In line with our priorities of Education, Economy and Community, we aspire that:
- Our students will feel valued, included and reassured that they can reach their full potential without being disadvantaged.
- Our staff will feel valued, included, and both capable and confident to promote equality, diversity and inclusion for all College stakeholders
- Our local communities in Maidstone and Medway will feel that the College is a safe place for people from any background to access education and training and create opportunities for their future.
- Our students will be fully prepared to prepare students for the diverse workforces they will join in the future.
- Our local employers will work with us to recognise and celebrate their own work around equality, diversity and inclusion.
Who are MidKent College?
Here at MidKent College you will find an inclusive and engaging team of staff who support a vibrant and diverse student body. We are far more than numbers and demographics - we are chefs, engineers, graphic designers, hospitality professionals, to name a few!
MidKent College is proud to hold the Investors in Diversity award (2009 - present). During our recent Investors in Diversity inspection, 95% of staff said they feel valued by colleagues, and 92% of students said they feel there is fairness for all at MidKent College.
Our equality partnerships
At MidKent College we seek out partnerships from across our sector and community in order to strengthen the services we provide.
Enhancing Employability - Ambitious about Autism, a partnership project between MidKent College, Grange Park and Rivermead focusing on employability for young people with autism:
Visit youtube.com/midkentcollege to post comments and view more from MidKent College.
We have been a Positive about Disability 'Two Ticks' service user for many years. We are now awarded Disability Confident Level 1.
We are proud to partner with Investors in Diversity, ENEI, MACA (Medway Afro Caribbean Association) and Disability Confident.