Teacher Training & Education
We offer courses to help you if your ambition is to teach. If you already work in education, we have courses to help you qualify to teach in schools, colleges and adult education.
From working with children and young people, to working with adults, and teaching in the further education and post-compulsory education and training sectors, MidKent College has the ideal course for you. Courses are suitable for experienced professionals who are already working within the various education sectors, as well as those who are just embarking upon their career.
All of these courses are part-time and delivered from our Medway Campus and our centre for higher-level skills (former University for the Creative Arts building) at the Maidstone Campus in Kent. Some are offered in partnership with Canterbury Christ Church University.
Foundation degrees combine academic study with on-the-job learning. A foundation degree is equivalent to the first two years of an Honours degree. It is a qualification in its own right. Or you could do a third year at university to study for the Honours degree.
Courses are available in both Medway and Maidstone.
Future prospects in Teaching Training
Those who successfully complete their course may have the opportunity to become a tutor, teacher or teaching assistant.
What kind of Teacher Training course could you apply for?
Use this chart to check your own experience and qualifications against the entry level for each kind of course. You'll see which ones you could apply for.
- Level 3 Award in Assessing Competence in the Work Environment (Work Based Practical Unit) - Maidstone
- Level 3 Award in Assessing Vocationally Related Achievement (Vocational Unit) - Maidstone
- Level 3 Award in Understanding the Principles and Practices of Assessment (Theory Unit) - Maidstone
- Level 3 Diploma in Supporting Teaching & Learning in Schools - Maidstone
- Level 4 Award in Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes & Practice (Practical Unit) - Maidstone
- Level 4 Award in Understanding Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes & Practice (Theory Unit) - Maidstone
- Foundation Degree in Childhood Studies - Maidstone
- Certificate in Education & Training (CET) - Direct off Site
- Diploma in Education & Training (DET) - Intensive - Maidstone
- Introductory Award in Education & Training - Medway
- Introductory Award in Education & Training - Maidstone
- Pre Service PGCE - Maidstone