Ten tips for succeeding on exam day. - Exams
MidKent College offers advice for exam success.
- Wake up earlier than normal and whatever you do, don’t skip breakfast.
- Double check the date, time and location of your exam.
- Avoid people who panic. Give anyone likely to make you feel worse a wide berth! Find a quiet place before the exam or seek out likeminded calm people.
- Make sure you frequent the loo before the exam!
- Don’t forget to write your name on the exam paper – you would be amazed at the number of people who do this…..
- Read all of the questions through on the paper and plan your time for each question carefully.
- There is nothing to say you have to answer questions on the exam in a set order. If it helps you feel more comfortable, answer all of the questions you are confident about first.
- If you get a brain block, try and keep writing as generally, the right information will come flooding back.
- Keep strictly to your plan and try not to spend extra time on a section. Move on and answer as many questions on the exam paper as possible.
- Use all of the exam time given to you. If you complete it ahead of the given time then use that spare time to review your answers.
Are you a student at MidKent worried about Exams? Fear Not! We're here to provide help and advice to support you. If you need extra help, contact our student services.