Living and Working in Maidstone
Maidstone is Kent's County Town, wiht a vibrant community and businesses that attract significant inward investment.
- Bustling County Town
- Strong track record in attracting and retaining investment and job creation.
- Maidstone has excellent road connections. The M20 runs to the north and the M2 is only a short distance away. The A20 runs through the town and connects it with Sevenoaks and Ashford.
- Enhancements of rail links to London Bridge and St Pancras to shorten journey times due for completion by 2018.
- Busy high street, with two new public squares, seating and paving.
- A vibrant mix of modern and historic buildings to explore, including Maidstone Museum and Leeds Castle, a Norman stronghold and royal residence.
- Great schools and affordable housing in the town centre and attractive suburbs.
- Easy access to the stunning Kent countryside.
- Historic open spaces of Penenden Heath and Mote Park in full use for recreation.
- Wonderful arts community including the Hazlitt Theatre for live comedy, music and drama acts. You can also see open-air performances at Riverstage. Proms in the Park are hosted here alongside movie nights and Shakespeare plays, street performance and theatre, and the Maidstone Fringe Festival.
Find out more about Maidstone at the following links: