Careers information, advice and guidance
MidKent College has a dedicated team of qualified and impartial careers guidance advisers who can support you in identifying career choices and planning your next steps.
This free and confidential service is for potential, current and past students and is available all year round at both our Maidstone and Medway campuses.
- To help you to assess your abilities, interests and achievements
- To help you to understand your options and different pathways to employment
- To provide up-to-date labour market information both locally and nationally
- To support you in making an informed decision about your choices
- To help you to identify and address any barriers which may hinder you from learning and progressing
- To signpost and refer to other appropriate agencies and external providers
- To promote equality and diversity providing a service which is inclusive and accessible to all.
How can we help you:
- One to one career guidance appointments
- Telephone advice
- Email advice
- Career fairs
- Support with job searching
- Access to our Career Coach tool and local labour market information
- Career planning (including developing your career management skills)
- Advice on CV writing and applying for work, training and apprenticeships.
We operate a Careers Programme that delivers a range of support and activities through the academic year. To view our Careers Programme, please click the link at the bottom of this page.
What Ofsted has to say about our careers information, advice and guidance team:
"Careers guidance supports students’ career plans and helps their progression. Students benefit from well-organised and impartial careers guidance, embracing advice on employment and training, including apprenticeships, and higher education."
Ofsted report, January 2017
National Careers Service
The National Careers Service website is a useful source of information to help you with your career choices. The site hosts careers advice and information on a wide range of jobs, training course resources and funding, and is useful for both young people and adults.
Phone our team on 01634 383636 or send an email. You can also visit the Careers Hub at either campus.
Opening hours: Monday – Thursday: 8:30am – 5:00pm & Friday 8:30am – 4:30 pm
College lead for Careers
Amanda Davidson, Director of HE, Adults & Progression, is the MidKent College Careers Leader.
If you would like to contact Amanda, click here.