University Level and Professional Courses
- Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching & Learning in Schools - Maidstone
- Level 3 in CIPD Foundation Certificate People Practice - Maidstone
- Level 3 Award in Effective Coaching - Maidstone
- Level 3 Diploma in Supporting Teaching & Learning in Schools - Maidstone
- Level 5 Certificate in Leadership & Management - Maidstone
- HNC in Building Services Engineering - Blended Learning (Maidstone)
- HNC in Civil Engineering - Maidstone
- HNC in Construction - Maidstone
- HNC in Electrical Engineering - Maidstone
- HNC in Mechanical Engineering - Maidstone
- HND in Building Services Engineering 120 Credit (Top-up) - Blended Learning (Maidstone)
- BSc (Hons) in Civil Engineering 120 Credit (Top-up) - Maidstone
- BSc (Hons) in Construction - Maidstone
- Achievement Measurement (AM2) - Maidstone
- Achievement Measurement (AM2S) - Maidstone
- Diploma in Education & Training (DET) - Maidstone
- Level 4 Professional Diploma in Accounting (AAT) - Maidstone
- Level 5 in CIPD Associate Diploma in People Management - Maidstone
- Level 3 Apprenticeship in HR Support - Maidstone
- Level 4 Apprenticeship in Accounting - Maidstone
- Level 4 Apprenticeship in Construction Quantity Surveying Technician - Maidstone
- Level 4 Apprenticeship in Construction Site Engineering Technician (Civils) - Maidstone
- Level 4 Apprenticeship in Construction Site Supervisor - Maidstone
- Level 5 Apprenticeship in HR Consultant/Partner - Maidstone
- Level 6 Apprenticeship in Manufacturing Engineer - Maidstone
- ST Chartered Manager Degree L6 - Maidstone
- ST Learning & Skills Teacher L5 - Maidstone
Study university level qualifications locally, at a fraction of the cost.
MidKent College enjoys a close association with some of the most highly-regarded UK universities. We are proud that many of our programmes are validated by universities in Kent including the University of Kent, Canterbury Christ Church University and the University of Greenwich.
Our university partners value the specialisms we have developed over years of programme design and delivery that help 98%* of our students achieve higher-level qualifications and progress in their careers.
What can I study?
We pride ourselves on being part of the local communities we serve in Maidstone and Medway, and our university-level offer is tailored to deliver the skills that employers require to continue strengthening the local economy. That commitment has lead us to develop programmes in Construction, Engineering, Business, Health & Social Care, and Teacher Training. Our teaching staff have relevant industry experience, combining the key theoretical and practical skills that employers are looking for, as well as valuable industry insights and career advice.
In addition to our university-validated programmes, we’ve also grown a strong reputation for providing high-quality training in Accounting, Human Resources and Leadership & Management, with programmes accredited by leading professional bodies.
We also offer a range of higher apprenticeships too from Construction and Engineering to HR with students gaining a university level qualification alongside earning a salary and relevant industry experience.
Remember that if you don’t currently meet the entry criteria for your selected programme, our Access programmes might be a great way to gain the qualifications you need.
How do I study?
Our students include those who are directly progressing from Level 3 qualifications to those re-entering education after a break or being sponsored to complete a programme by their employer.
What’s common to all of our students is that they’re studying to build their career, and value the opportunity to work alongside their study commitments. That’s why our university level and professional qualifications are predominantly available to study part-time so you can keep working and earn while you learn.
Where do I study?
Most of our university-level programmes are delivered at University Centre Maidstone (UCM), our dedicated higher-level skills centre at the heart of the Oakwood Park complex in Maidstone. Free student parking is available, as well as resource centres focused on higher skills needs, restaurants and social zones.
Professional qualifications are available at both UCM and the College’s Medway Campus.
If you are funding the cost of your university-level course you can apply online for financial support from the government from Student Finance England (SFE) to help you to pay for the costs while you are studying.
Find out more about the student finance options available for HNCs, HNDs, foundation degrees, BA/BSCs and the Diploma in Education and Training.
Advanced Learner Loans are available for students aged 19+ who would like to complete a level 3 or 4 programme, such as the Access to Higher Education qualification, AAT or CIPD courses. Find out more here.
Support through your studies
Our employability officer and teaching staff will provide you with information, advice and guidance to help you with your career development. You’ll have the opportunity to be part of our Student Voice forum, which will not only benefit your CV, but provides an opportunity for students to voice ideas, suggestions and opinions about the College.
Click here to read our Statement of Intent for University-level and Adult programmes starting in September 2020.
By phone: 01634 402020
By email: Contact us online
*Destination of Leavers from Higher Education (DLHE) survey