Access to Higher Education Courses
- Access to Higher Education in Business Studies - Maidstone
- Access to Higher Education in Humanities & Social Science - Medway
- Access to Higher Education in Nursing & Healthcare Professions - Medway
- Access to Higher Education in Nursing & Healthcare Professions - Maidstone
- Pre-Access Digital Skills College Cert - Medway
- Level 2 in Skills for Working in Health & Social Care Professions - Medway
- Functional Skills English L1 (Access) - Medway
- Functional Skills Maths L1 (Access) - Medway
- GCSE English Language (Access) (Day) - Medway
- GCSE Mathematics (Access) (Day) - Medway
- Skills for working in Social Sciences and Business - Medway
Access to Higher Education courses are perfect for adults without formal qualifications who are looking to do a degree.
To read our Statement of Intent for University-level and Adult programmes starting in September 2020, please click here.
Are you looking to get back into education? Our Access courses are for students who have been out of education for a while, which means that you should be at least 19 and there is no maximum age limit. Our Access Diplomas, available at our Medway and Maidstone campuses in Kent, will help you to acquire and develop the skills needed to study at university. Every year our Access students are welcomed by universities nationwide.
At MidKent College we are very experienced at helping people make the leap into higher education with these flexible one-year courses. Typically, you attend over three or four days a week in term-time for up to 16 hours a week.
What will I learn?
An Access course will provide you with the ideal progression route into university for key employment sectors including healthcare, social science and humanities. Choose from topics such as human biology, psychology and social policy. Develop your skills further by learning more about criminology and sociology. You will be internally assessed through projects, presentations and some time-constrained assignments.
These flexible one-year qualifications are ideal for those looking to return to studying.
Why choose a MidKent College Access course?
We are very experienced at aiding those looking to return to education, or to supplement alongside their employment.
What facilities and trips are available?
You’ll have the opportunity to take part in trips to the Freud Museum in London, Down House, the Houses of Parliament, Maidstone Crown Court and more! Access students at our Maidstone Campus will be able to enjoy our brand-new higher-level skills centre.
What have your past students gone on to do?
Every year our students are welcomed by universities across the country. Students have gone onto study midwifery, Physiology, Law, Social Science and Radiography. Others are now studying Criminology, Occupational Therapy and Dental Hygiene. Access courses provide a broad range of pathways to university.
What can I do afterwards?
Almost all of our Access students have progressed straight to a university of their choice. This could lead you into careers such as nursing, journalism or social work. We will discuss the best pathway for you.
By phone: 01634 402020
By email: Contact us online.