Level 5 Certificate in Leadership & Management
- Course Length
- Type of CoursePart Time
- Week Commencing01-02-2021
- Annual Fee£800
This Level 5 qualification is designed for practising middle managers, and will embed skills and experiences to help you function efficiently and effectively in your current role while preparing you for your progression to senior leadership and management positions. Throughout the programme, you will:
- Learn, and understand how to use, core management techniques to drive better results
- Develop an ability to lead, motivate and inspire
- Understand how to balance strategic leadership with day-to-day management
- Benchmark managerial skills and be able to raise their profile within an organisation.
You will achieve this by completing the following units:
- Becoming an effective leader
- Leading innovation and change
- Managing stress and conflict in the organisation
- Managing people in the workplace.
You will be assessed through reports, presentations, professional discussions, and evidence of practical application within the workplace or a simulated environment.
Other Important Info
Whilst studying for your qualification you can apply for student membership of the Institute of Leadership & Management (ILM).
You will gain key management and leadership skills which you can confidently put into practice within your team. Successful completion of this course could increase your chances of promotion or you could progress to the ILM Level 7 Award in Leadership & Management.
No previous qualifications are required for entry to this programme.
However, you must be working within an organisation in a supervisory or middle-management role, or have support from your employer to simulate practical application of your learning.
Why Choose MidKent College?
What our students say...
Diploma in Education & Training (DET) 2nd year I currently work in a special needs school so I teach a range of subjects to students aged 16 or over. I’m specialising in English, sex education and careers. This course has given me the tools to be able to teach anything. I think we’re really lucky with our ...