T Level - Construction L3
- Course Length2 Years
- Type of CourseFull Time
- Week Commencing04-09-2023
- Annual Fee£0
- Discount & Loan Info
Applications for this programme are now closed for 22/23. If you would like any advice or guidance, please contact our Careers team on 01634 383636.
Our new T Level in Construction is a brilliant new technical qualification that's equivalent to 3.5 A Levels. It's a 2-year course developed in collaboration with employers and businesses to make sure that the course content meets the skills needs of the construction industry and prepares students for work.
Throughout the two-years, students will build skills, knowledge and experience in the following topics:
- Health and safety
- Building technology
- Construction & the Built Environment
- Information and data
- Relationship management
- Digital technology
- Project management
- Surveying and design for construction and the built environment (occupational specialism unit).
The core components are assessed through two examinations, and the occupational specialism unit by a large project).
In addition to your construction qualification, your study programme will include personal and professional development and a substantial industry placement where you will spend at least 315 hours putting your learning into practice with a local employer.
Other Important Info
Students on this programme will require the following equipment:
- Adjustable set square
- Scale rule (Scales 1:1-10-2-20-5-50-100-200-500-1000-250-2500)
- Mechanical pencils (0.3, 0.5, 0.7) + spare leads
- Plastic - vinyl eraser
- Technical compasses
- Eraser shield
- Steel toe cap boots
- MidKent College Engineering polo shirt
- ID badge and lanyard - to be worn at all times
- Scientific calculator (Casio fx range)
This programme is designed as a two year full-time programme that meets the requirements for entry into university-level study in construction before entering employment.
Students can also progress directly directly into employment in the built enrvironment or to a higher apprenticeship.
Ongoing career development is also available through a range of professional institutes including:
- Institution of Civil Engineers
- Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
- Chartered Institute of Building
- Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers
- Royal Institute of British Architects
You will need to achieve 5 GCSEs at grade 4 or above, including an essential requirement to achieve Grade 4 in maths and English.
Why Choose MidKent College?
What our students say...
I’m currently a trainee quantity surveyor with MHS Homes and studying the HNC Surveying Apprenticeship. I started there working in customer care and wanted something a bit more challenging so I move into the quantity surveying team. I have a mentor there who looks after me. I run my own sites including all of the tendering, budgeting and ...