Pre-Access Digital Skills College Cert L1
- Course Length10 Weeks
- Type of CoursePart Time
- Week Commencing31-10-2022
- Annual Fee£0
- Discount & Loan Info
This course equips student with the vital digital skills they need for further study. All education providers have been moving more of their teaching and learning online, using a range of online platforms to do so. It is essential that anyone coming into education as an adult has a range of digital skills and this college certificate provides them. It will make the student ready for further study in the digital age.
- Using video communication technology effectively.
- Using business communication technology effectively.
- Organising your time using digital calendar technology.
- Using online cloud storage technology efficiently.
- Proper use of technology for the purposes of academic research.
- Developing the use of Microsoft software to present attractive and professional work.
- Employing technology like Excel to process data effectively.
- Effective use of Powerpoint to support presentations.
- Working securely online and follow organisational guidelines.
- Guidance on how to use the Learning Resource Centre and to research for an academic project.
- Referencing sources correctly for academic purposes using the Harvard referencing system.
- Working confidently and independently as a student in the digital age.
This course is targeted at adult students who are looking to come back into education and aspire to progressing their careers or further study with us.
On successful completion of this course, students can progress to an Access to Higher Education programme and take one step closer to university-level study.
Why Choose MidKent College?
What our students say...
I applied for university previously and was told I didn’t have the right qualifications to go. I searched around to see if I could do my A Levels anywhere but there isn’t really anywhere in Medway that you can do it. I stumbled across the Access course and applied for it thinking maybe it would help. I’ve always wanted ...