Returning Students: Travelling to Campus
We're making appropriate changes to our campuses to help our students and staff stay safe, but we recognise that travelling to and from our campuses at the moment may prove challenging.
We're also making changes to timetables to prevent too many students and staff having to travel at peak times, so please make sure that you have checked your timetable before you travel. If you're in any doubt about when you should be on campus, please contact your tutor for advice.
If you are walking to and from campus:
- Please remain alert to increased levels of traffic and take extra care on or around roads. Over the last couple of months roads have been much quieter, but as more businesses re-open it's likely that we'll start to experience more traffic around our campuses.
- Please respect current social distancing guidance, and ensure that you remain 2 metres away from people who are not members of your household.
If you are cycling to and from campus:
- Please remain alert to increased levels of traffic and take extra care on or around roads. Over the last couple of months roads have been much quieter, but as more businesses re-open it's likely that we'll start to experience more traffic around our campuses
- Please wear appropriate clothing to ensure that you are visible to motorists, and protected from injury. The Highway Code suggests all cyclists wear a safe and well-fitting helmet and we encourage you to do so
- Please bring a suitable bike lock and secure your bike in the bike shelters provided.
If you are using public transport to travel to and from campus:
- Please plan your journey around your class timetable, and remember that at the moment travel operators are running reduced timetables for their services
- Please observe the guidance and advice published by the transport provider. You can find useful information at Arriva Travel (buses) and SouthEastern (rail)
- Please remember that there are currently no social zones or waiting areas at College, so please plan your travel around your lesson times.
If you are being driven to and from campus:
- Please arrange to be left at and collected from our clearly marked drop-off zones at times that suit your timetabled session. Remember that there are no social zones or waiting areas on campus at the moment
- Please note that parents/carers who drop you to College should not gather at the entrance, and should wait for you at the drop-off zones. Parents/carers should not enter the campus unless they have a pre-arranged appointment.
If you are driving yourself to and from campus: