We'll use this page to keep you updated regarding developments on the spread of Coronavirus and its impact on how our students and staff will operate at the College.
We will update this page as and when there is new news to report.
Updated 14th September 2021
In line with the latest advice published by the Department for Education (DfE), to promote Covid-safety on our campuses:
- Face coverings are no longer required, but students can choose to wear one if they wish.
- We continue to promote good hand hygiene, with hand sanitiser stations remaining in place at campus entrances and at carefully-chosen locations throughout our buildings.
- We’re encouraging all students and staff to take a Lateral Flow Device (LFD) test twice each week. Boxes of tests were supplied to students at enrolment, and are available from all campuses.
- Students and staff with symptoms of Covid-19, a positive test result, and those who have been told to isolate via test and trace activity should not attend our campuses. If you are not attending due to these reasons, please notify your tutor and email email@example.com
- If someone you live with has symptoms of COVID-19, or has tested positive for COVID-19, you will not need to self-isolate if any of the following apply:
- you're fully vaccinated – this means 14 days have passed since your final dose of a COVID-19 vaccine given by the NHS
- you're under 18 years, 6 months old
- you're taking part or have taken part in a COVID-19 vaccine trial
- you're not able to get vaccinated for medical reasons
- Even if you do not have symptoms, you should still:
- get a PCR test on GOV.UK to check if you have COVID-19
- follow advice on how to avoid catching and spreading COVID-19
- consider limiting contact with people who are at higher risk from COVID-19
- Windows at our campuses will remain open, and we’ll promote good ventilation of our classrooms, workshops, offices and shared spaces.
- We will continue to operate an enhanced cleaning schedule of strategic locations in our buildings.
Our continued thanks to all of our students and staff for their efforts to minimise disruption to teaching, learning and assessment.
*Unless the national advice changes significantly, future updates to our students and staff related to Covid-19 will be published on MyDay - our internal portal*