We'll use this page to keep you updated regarding developments on the spread of Coronavirus and its impact on how our students and staff will operate at the College.
We will update this page as and when there is new news to report.
Updated 25 September 2020
For the latest Government advice to parents and guardians regarding when to book a coronavirus test for your child, please click here.
Updated 21 September 2020
Means of control
Our campuses have been ready for students and staff to return since June. While we remain responsive to the latest Government advice and guidance, the main controls we've put in place to keep our protect our students and staff are:
Stay away policy: We respectfully ask that students and staff with COVID-19 symptoms, or living with someone with symptoms, does not come to campus.
Timetable changes: We've made changes to our normal timetables to reduce the number of students and staff on site at any one time. These changes include the addition of home learning periods for some students where appropriate.
Campus changes: We've increased the frequency and intensity of our site cleaning, and we've made changes where possible in corridors, classrooms and workshops to promote social distancing.
Isolation process: If someone develops symptoms while on site we have isolation processes and trained staff ready to help them leave the campus safely, and in a way that protects other students and staff.
Good hygiene: We've installed additional hand-sanitiser stations in reception areas and key locations around the College, and strongly support good handwashing practices.
Campus access: We're carefully managing visitor access to the campus. Our buildings are controlled environments where only people permitted on site can enter
To support us in keeping our campuses safe, please:
- Stay at home if you have symptoms, or have been in close contact with someone who has. We will support you to continue your learning remotely.
- If you're being dropped at College, please use the designated drop-off and pick-up points. People dropping you off or picking you up should remain in their vehicle while on site.
- Please observe social distancing
- Check your timetable, and be aware of the days and times when you are expected on site. Social areas are temporarily closed, and only students invited to attend should attend campus on any given day.
- If you are not a student, please don't enter a campus unless you have a confirmed appointment to meet with a member of staff.