16-19 Tuition Fund
During the 2020-2021 academic year, MidKent College is receiving additional funding as part of a one-off government initiative to help students who have had their education disrupted by Covid-19.
We will be using this funding to provide additional one-to-one and small group tuition for students on full study programmes who:
- have not yet achieved English and maths GCSEs at grade 4 or above, who require additional teacher input in excess of regular timetabled activity to prepare for resits in the summer 2021 exam series, or
- joined the College on Level 3 technical programmes with centre-assessed English and maths GCSEs at grade 4, who struggle to demonstrate the linguistic and mathematical aptitude required for Level 3 study, or
- had assessment deferred on the main technical elements of their study programme due to lockdown.
The College will achieve this by:
- identifying existing staff who work less than 37 hours per week and paying them to deliver additional hours, and
- recruiting additional staff to work alongside our teaching teams and expand our capacity to deliver additional hours.