MidKent College can train apprentices for most businesses. Apprentices bring the practical skills and theory they learn at College on day release to your team.
Advertise your vacancy for an apprentice through us
As your local training provider, we can advise you on the best way to recruit an apprentice for your business. We guarantee exposure to a large number of potential recruits.
We recruit using:
- The National Apprenticeship Service (NAS)
- The MidKent College JobShop.
Wages, training costs and grants
Apprentices aged 16-18:
- The employer pays the apprentice’s wages.
- All training costs are paid for by the Skills Funding Agency.
Apprentices aged 19+:
- The employer pays the apprentices’s wages and contributes towards the cost of training, which varies according to the business area and level of training.
- Training costs may be offset in some circumstances.
Find out more about apprenticeship grants for employers from the Skills Funding Agency.
- Find out about the apprenticeship training we provide.at MidKent Colege
- Advice from the government about employing an apprentice, including current wage rates